POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Twentieth Century Fox films logo (21st actually) : Re: WIP Twentieth Century Fox films logo (21st actually) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Twentieth Century Fox films logo (21st actually)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 2 Mar 2006 20:46:33
Message: <44079ff9@news.povray.org>
Sure glad you found that original render! I couldn't get anywhere except to
the web ring at that page. The architecture link is broken for me and no
"gallery" that I could find either. The page about the church is a nice
surprise.

Thanks so much for posting the files, too, DLM. I see that the old
atmosphere keyword was being used, and that it actually dates back to 1996
not 1998 like I had thought. I was still a POV-Ray newbie, maybe two years
into it.

If I can, I'm going to try and recreate that "lamp" object of Nathan's to be
like the 1935 to 1953 design. Looks like it might have glass or chrome in
that, the pictures aren't exactly clear to me. Which is why I went ahead
with my idea of how that building's lower front part might be glass and
squared pillars, since I didn't think of it as cylindrical pillars there.

Anyway... thanks again!

Bob H