POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Volcano "Final" : Re: Volcano "Final" Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volcano "Final"
From: Tek
Date: 1 Mar 2006 00:04:49
Message: <44052b71@news.povray.org>
Woohoo!

I had to cheat like crazy to produce this image! The lower section was
re-done at the last minute with lower smoke-quality (since it's not visible
in that part of the image), and the upper section wasn't going to finish in
time so I improvised a method of persuading megapov to run post processing
on an unfinished image, involving creating an identically named scene and
overwriting it's post processing data between the render and post processing
stages... gasp...

And after all of that I ended up submitting 14 hours before the deadline :)

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> Here's a more final final version! I've just fixed the aforementioned red
> line and water-media errors.
>
> Now all I hope is the high res version will finish before midnight
> tuesday...
>
> --
> Tek
> http://evilsuperbrain.com
>
> "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
>> Well, this is it, nearly... Render time for this lower res version was
>> nearly 3 days, and you'll notice a strange red error where the volcano
>> touches the water and some media artefacts under water.
>>
>> I currently have a higher res one rendering on my PC at work with those
>> bugs
>> fixed, though it's possible that one won't finish in time for the
>> deadline.
>> That would be a shame because this lower res one loses a lot of the fine
>> details.
>>
>> Anyway, thanks for all the input! Hopefully most people who made
>> suggestions
>> can see them integrated into this scene, making this probably the most
>> complex scene I've ever created!
>>
>> Comments still welcome, though obviously it's too late to change anything
>> now!
>> --
>> Tek
>> http://evilsuperbrain.com