POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (WIP Update #1) : Re: Down the Drain (WIP Update #2) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (WIP Update #2)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 28 Feb 2006 10:17:23
Message: <44046983@news.povray.org>
> 1) Raise the ambient lighting a little. I think the image is a little
dark.

That's often a problem with what monitor you're watching it on. Personally,
I like it like it is, but I might try to make it a tad brighter. I'm not
sure if that creates a wash-out on the already bright parts, but I'll
certainly look into it.

> 2) The taps only have two knobs... I've never seen taps like this... Taps
of
> this style seem to always have four knobs.  I think this would also round
> out this area of the image.

Yeah, should give that a try. I always like doing things slightly off what
you're expecting, but you're right, maybe it would balance that section of
the image.

> 3) Where is the plug? In sinks like this, the plug is usually chained to a
> attachment just above the overflow... This would give you the opportunity
> for some real nice chain.

Actually, I do have a plug fitting the drain. But then I decided to leave it
away, as if to say that there's no way to keep that drop going down the
drain. Might have to create the chain in any case, to make the absence of
the plug more obvious.

> 4) I think there is a little too much focal blur in this... the soap is a
> bit too blurred.

It's a difficult choice. I kinda like how the tab gets blurred, but then the
soap gets blurred to much. I surely will toy around with those settings,
they were the latest addition and haven't been tweaked as much as other
stuff.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
Tim