POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (WIP Update #1) : Re: Down the Drain (WIP Update #2) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (WIP Update #2)
From: Rarius
Date: 28 Feb 2006 05:14:36
Message: <4404228c$1@news.povray.org>
I can only congratulate for a STUNNING image... I do have a couple of
suggestions though:

1) Raise the ambient lighting a little. I think the image is a little dark.
2) The taps only have two knobs... I've never seen taps like this... Taps of
this style seem to always have four knobs.  I think this would also round
out this area of the image.
3) Where is the plug? In sinks like this, the plug is usually chained to a
attachment just above the overflow... This would give you the opportunity
for some real nice chain.
4) I think there is a little too much focal blur in this... the soap is a
bit too blurred.

I agree with you about using some dirty textures rather than the too shiny
ones...

Even as a WIP this image is bloody impressive... you have more patience than
I do!

Rarius