POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (WIP Update #1) : Down the Drain (WIP Update #2) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Down the Drain (WIP Update #2)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 28 Feb 2006 03:31:24
Message: <44040a5c@news.povray.org>
So, here's a quick (heh, 7hours and not done yet ain't quick!) test with
focal blur.

The render wasn't complete yet, so the lower 120 lines or so are basically
just a blurred version of the standard antia-aliased render.

Anyways, I think the focal blur adds a lot and I'll keep it for the final
render. Now I'm getting to the spot where I'm unsure if I want to add
anything and I *really* should give it a rest for a day or two, and take
some more comments and suggestions. A good friend of mine wants to say
something as well, but as she's not here at the moment, I have to wait for
her as well.

The tiles behind the sink required a little change in the spotlight's
point_at, which in effect caused a little more lighting variance in the
lower left corner. I'm thinking about pushing it a little further (either
via texture or via lighting changes), but we'll see. As it is now I think
I'll be experimenting with some "less shiny-new-clean" textures to check if
it enhances the mood I'd like to create. I also want to try and add some
waterdrops onto the surface of the faucet near its base and on the sink.

And for those wondering, the waterdrop is now modelled with Silo like
everything else in the image besides the heart, the water in the sink, and
the foam on the soap.

Regards,
Tim

--