POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (WIP Update #1) : Re: Down the Drain (WIP Update #1) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (WIP Update #1)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Feb 2006 17:05:49
Message: <440377bd@news.povray.org>
> Anyway, if you do decide to increase the size of something, I'd go with
> making the glow around the drop stronger / larger, rather than changing
> the size of the drop itself.

That's something that is easily overdone, and all of a sudden you get a huge
red blob in your image. If I increase the size, I also have to make the
gradient smoother, so as not to make the red dot a red GIANT. But I'll see
how it'll turn out. I've been told to try for a background with tiles, and I
have to see how that works out.

> Of course, it's not my image to begin with, so take this with a grain of
> salt :)

I always do. I like to hear opinions and ideas, as they often lead to new
ideas or help improve the image. But as much as feedback is always
appreciated, the final choice is always mine. And I guess everyone knows
that and does it that way himself. :-P

Regards,
Tim

--