POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Volcano "Final" : Re: Volcano "Final" Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volcano "Final"
From: Tek
Date: 26 Feb 2006 19:49:31
Message: <44024c9b$1@news.povray.org>
The water colour has bugged me all along, I tried turquoise tropical water
but that looked wierd with the snow, brownish lake water but that looked
terrible, transparent water didn't contrast enough with the rest of the
scene... I settled on greenish blue because it looks as good as any other
option I tried and helps distinguish it's palette from the other parts of
the scene. I like it, but I have a feeling there could be something better.

Regarding the lava flow, I see what you mean but I don't have enough control
over my lava macro or volcano shape to adjust one area without screwing up
the nice S-bend further down the mountain. It's good enough and I just did
have enough time to refine it any more :)

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com