POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : car seats : Re: car seats Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: car seats
From: St
Date: 26 Feb 2006 12:01:27
Message: <4401dee7@news.povray.org>
"scott" <spa### [at] spamcom> wrote in message news:4401cfdc@news.povray.org...
>A quick Sunday project as it's been snowing outside all day.

    No snow here. (Yet!)

> This is my first attempt at using Wings3D, and already I've learnt a huge
> amount.  I'm not 100% sure about the geometry, there seems to be some
> "errors" in it that become evident after subdivision, no doubt from some
> newbie mistakes on my part.  Like there seem to be two faces on top of
> each other where there should only be one and I can't see how to get rid
> of that. I think the black artefacts on the red chair are because of this.

    Looking good Scott. I don't think that a face can sit on top of another
though. At least, I haven't experienced it. Can you show a wireframe of the
black area? I'm betting that you need to either delete some edges or connect
some vertices because those black areas look like holes imo.

> Anyway, just need to draw the rest of the car now!

   Good first attempt with Wings.

    ~Steve~