POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (WIP) : Re: Down the Drain (WIP) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (WIP)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 26 Feb 2006 09:02:54
Message: <4401b50e$1@news.povray.org>
> That could be the aforementioned "unphysical" appearance about it, just
that
> it seems to be pulling the water in much more than the typical sink drain
> can do.

True. Wasn't quite happy with it either, but the size helped to show that
the pattern for the heightfield was working properly. As I said, WIP, early
post. :-)

> That central vortex part is obscuring the drain hole, so you might want to
> calm the water some to make it clearer to see. Unless it doesn't matter
when
> some sort of object is floating above there. Well, then again, I think the
> drain hole might be a fundamental part to the picture.

The new vortex leaves it less distorted. I've also modified the camera angle
and the aspect ratio of the image, and think it looks quite well. I'll post
an update of the image soon.

> Other than all this I really liked the first look I got of it because the
> whole thing actually is a good sink scene. Only suggestion I can add here
is
> maybe a wetted soap bar with a few little bubbles sitting on it.  ;)

Thought about that too, the dry soap looks a little strange. I'm unsure how
to do the soap-bubbles however. True 3D might be very render-intensive, but
I've just got a cheat-idea I might try which could work faster... I'll see
what I can come up with.

Thanks for the feedback,
regards,
Tim