POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass and caustics. : Re: Glass and caustics. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass and caustics.
From: David El Tom
Date: 25 Feb 2006 18:50:04
Message: <4400ed2c@news.povray.org>
Hasan3 wrote:

> I think that it's due to light source's angle. The wineglass is
> tall...

I'm afraid <Orchid> is right. I expierenced the same problem in my picture (look
2 threads before; "ouch..") with "mesh"-glasses. The first dozend photon renders
gave always some kind of grid like pattern or even isolated sparkles, until I
raised the gather radius to smooth them out. But be aware, that your render time
might get quit long by doing this.

Apart from this realy nice modells. Someone told me, that the quality of a
wineglass is reciprocal to the thickness of its stem. So making the stem thiner
would make it look more elegant and "expensive". ;-)

...dave