POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ouch ... : Re: ouch ... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ouch ...
From: David El Tom
Date: 25 Feb 2006 12:08:47
Message: <44008f1f$1@news.povray.org>
thanks so far ...,

it's interresting, that everybody I show this picture to, have this urgent
feeling of a slightly pulling pain on one of his tooth. ;-)

convincing, so I left the tooth in his original from.

Photon map as well as Radiosity solution where made in front of final render.
I think it's the combination of blurred reflection, huge photon map AND
radiosity which let the render time explode.

As I renember right (since it's a long time ago), the time for photons where
roughly 1h and for radiosity (2pass method) about 1 day.

The slightly greyish where planned to be bright white, but as I added some kind
of translucency (filter) to it they become grey.

Right now I don't think that I will alter something as I'm afraid to wait
another 100 days for the next pictures, while other ideas are allready pending
unless I find a way to drop the render time dramatically.

... dave