POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Curved Portal - revisited : Re: Curved Portal - revisited Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curved Portal - revisited
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Feb 2006 02:54:17
Message: <44000d29@news.povray.org>
"Merrin Cullen" <tim### [at] wohrrcom> schreef in bericht
> Thomas,
>
> As with the first Curved Portal image, I enjoy the way you have set the
> immage in current times by placing simple props. By changing the props,
you
> could easily transport me back to the 14th or 15th century. However, the
> same props stand out for me because I can't figure out why the sculptues
are
> there. Nothing in the current image or the previous one would lead me to
> believe they would be there. Are they just there because of the
> construction? Is there a niche or a plinth just around the corner that I
> can't see?

Thank you Merrin. You comments are much appreciated!
Yes the statues are totally out of place, as was my intention. I wanted the
viewer to ask the question, and (perhaps) bring his/her own answer! :-)
Personally, I don't know why they are there, nor where they come from. I
suppose from the inside, but maybe they were somewhere outside? And why put
so carelessly in a corner? Don't they have any value?

> I just had a thought enter my head...a birds nest located near on the
outer
> lege near the ceiling would add a small detail.

Ah! This is a nice addition taht I have to work on indeed! Thanks for the
tip!

> I am look forward to the third image.
>
> Is there a place on line where I can see more of your work? Do you have a
> web page?

Unfortunately, no. At least, not yet (I say that for years now). I feel I
always have more important things to do :-) Eventually there will be a site,
but don't ask me when!

Thomas