POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dandelion v3 : Re: Dandelion v3 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dandelion v3
From: Spock
Date: 24 Feb 2006 10:24:12
Message: <43ff251c$1@news.povray.org>
For some reason I found V2 much more compelling.  I could really feel
the little guy's struggle, and some of that has been lost in V3.  Why?

The only things I can think of are:

1. The closed window made it clear that the rain was out of reach.

2. The bricks and plain table made the interior seem bleaker and less
likely to support life.  The new wall and tablecloth? make me feel less
sorry for the flower.

3. The reflections on the jar weren't as pronounced so I was able to see
the flower better.

4. The checkered tablecloth draws my attention away from the flower and
dilutes the impact.

But it's not all bad, I'm just expressing my opinion.  I like the whole
concept and wish I'd thought of it.  The new softer shadow from the jar
is nice (but the shadow from the radiator is still too sharp... what
kind of light is mounted that low with no shade?).

And finally if you look at it from the right angle the jar appears to
have been cut out from some other picture and pasted in here.  I know it
hasn't, but I think the texture of the windowsill (no shadow, no
reflection) gives a sense that the jar is just hovering there.

Sounds like a critical response but I like the image and hope you
continue to evolve it.

Happy Tray Racing!