POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Struggle (aka Dandelion v1) : Re: Version 2 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Version 2
From: Chambers
Date: 23 Feb 2006 15:10:21
Message: <43fe16ad@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote:
> Oh yeah, I was going to say something about the flower choice and missed my
> chance before. I kinda like the dandelion more than a rose simply because
> it's basically a weed so that seemed unique compared to using a more typical
> flower type.

That's really the original point of the picture, anyway - you have
something that most people consider an ugly weed, put it in a
constrictive, repressive environment, and have it reaching towards the
sun and fresh air.  (BTW, another example of the same feeling: ever seen
the movie Joe Versus the Volcano?  In the beginning, there's a close-up
shot of a flower {might even have been a dandelion} growing in a crack
in some pavement, with a horde of identical black shoes stepping all
around it and walking past).

Hmm, air... maybe I should have the window be opened a bit?

> Only problem with it might be getting it to look detailed
> enough to keep from being just a yellow disk, although I was imagining
> details were there and might actually be but I wasn't trying to see any.
>
> Bob H

Yes, there are some details, and I had meant to add more but the ones
that are there don't show up at all.  I was doing the modelling on an
800x600 detail of the flower, and when I transferred it in to the main
scene, I realized a may as well have just left the disc.

Hmm, maybe some artificial color contrasts would *appear* good even if
they aren't technically accurate... I think I'll play around with a
radial pattern on it, and a small amount of filtered light as well...

...Chambers