POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : overlapping media objects in a light_group : Re: overlapping media objects in a light_group Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: overlapping media objects in a light_group
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 23 Feb 2006 05:01:05
Message: <43fd87e1@news.povray.org>
> The unit-sized spheres are filled with basic scattering media, using
method
> 3 and extinction 0, with no density maps or varying transparency. No merge
> or union, either. (I added a slight amount of emitting media, just to
> delineate the sphere shapes; that isn't contributing to the problem.)

I seem to remember something about method 3 being part of the trouble with
overlapping containers. Though method 3 is fast and gives nice results with
lower settings, method 2 does a better job because of the fixed intervals
that it will use. Experiment with that. Helped me in the past with the
rendering of a lotus-candle, as method 3 always created artifacts when
exiting and reentering the same object. But it also helped in some other
cases with overlapping containers.

Regards,
Tim

--