POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What do you think...? : Re: Update: still wip-lots of things to add... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Update: still wip-lots of things to add...
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 22 Feb 2006 14:49:42
Message: <43fcc056$1@news.povray.org>
>> Definitely conveys "fire" much more strongly now. (Not sure about the
>> "ice" part yet... maybe some of the extreme edges could be slightly
>> cloudy?)
>

>  Yep, you're right. I know what you're saying and I think I may have a
> little time left to try this for the comp.
>
>    I'll follow this up anyway even if I don't have time...  :o)

Some more thoughts, in no particular order...

You should either make the edges cloudy, or maybe put tiny water
droplets / rivulets on the sides. (Keep it to the sides of avoid
obscuring the flames.)

The flames should perhaps emit a *tiny* amount of red light to produce a
slight hilight on nearby objects.

Perhaps add more orange / yellow to the base of the flames?