POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Exporting CSG Meshes : Re: Exporting CSG Meshes Server Time
17 May 2024 05:33:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exporting CSG Meshes
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Feb 2006 08:11:48
Message: <43fc6314$1@news.povray.org>
dbug.at.no-spam.org wrote:
> Hi, i have searched for tools that can somehow export the objects in a
> scene.pov file to other formats, i found a few that is old, and they only
> supports meshes not CSG's.
>
> Is there any known way to export an CSG as an mesh, if that is the case, i'm
> really thanksful for the solution.

This is the wrong group for this question.  This group is for discussion of
the POV-Ray source code, not general questions of using POV-Ray.  Questions
about using POV-Ray should be asked/made in either povray.general or
povray.newusers.

> Otherwise, are the CSG internally handled as meshes in povray, if that's
> is the case, point me to the directions of sourcefiles so i could
> implement an export of CSG to an useful object format such as .3ds or
> .obj.

Please read
<http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/filesQandT.html#povtootherformatsdifficulty>
As such, the answer is: There is no such source file because they are not
meshes.

     Thorsten, POV-Team