POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What do you think...? : Re: Update: still wip-lots of things to add... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Update: still wip-lots of things to add...
From: St
Date: 21 Feb 2006 18:47:47
Message: <43fba6a3@news.povray.org>
"Chambers" <bdc### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Much better than the second one, except for one thing: that pencil lying
> there, all nice and straight, is really bugging me.  Just add a little
> random rotation, and it will be great :)

   Hey, hiya Ben. Nice to see you around here again. :)

   Ok, well, truth is, that pencil looked absolutely terrible rotated. The
straight lines were looking like they were rendered with no AA when +a0.0
was turned on. In fact, this image is with +a0.0 turned on now, but with the
pencil at 90 degrees - and it still looks kind of cruddy... :/

   To counteract this, I think I have the answer in actually scaling it a
little bigger - and, if it doesn't work, I'll take it out. It was fun making
the pencil though, as this is the first time I've made one... ;)

   Coins and envelope/letter next, but I thought of something else earlier
that will hopefully be the icing on the cake.  :)

   Thanks for your comments, appreciated.

     ~Steve~