POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What do you think...? : Re: What do you think now...? (still wip 245kb's) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What do you think now...? (still wip 245kb's)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 20 Feb 2006 12:37:59
Message: <43f9fe77$1@news.povray.org>
Lance Birch wrote:
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:43f9f513@news.povray.org...
>
>>Phew! That was a long 2 hours!  ;)
>>
>>Ok, I've implemented Lance' deep rich blue as the background - not too sure
>>about it <snip>
>

> Now that I see it, neither am I... heh :S
>
> I actually quite like the neutral colours of the surface material from the last
> one, and the neutral colours of the flames - maybe the red is a little
> overpowering?
>
> Hmm... *ponders*

Well I'm sure and I'm sure it's a great image.

Maybe room for some fine tuning but basucally I think it is on track.

I particularily like the lighter, refracted blue in the ice/glass above
the "flames"

I also think that the rich wood color makes and important contribution.
  The color scheme is basically the three "primaries" red/blue/yellow.
The difficult place is perhaps the grey area under the mantel but the
way the picture crops right along the line of the tiles saves it.