POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What do you think...? : Re: What do you think...? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What do you think...?
From: somebody
Date: 20 Feb 2006 06:23:13
Message: <43f9a6a1$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:43f8cf69@news.povray.org...

> Any suggestions appreciated.

Nice, but like others, I think the background texture is, well, not the
greatest. Also, I'm not crazy about the marble texture either (POV materials
are so overused and also are not the best). The slant is also distracting
for me, it would not be so bad if at least one edge of the shelf/mantle were
visible. Finally, the transition from wall to mantle needs work. The piece
is pretty good, but I don't like the setting too much overall. Now, if you
placed it on a coffee table in front of the mantle and have the fire
reflecting faintly off of it, and make it glossier and melting...