POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fire & Ice #2 [~130 KB] : Re: Fire & Ice #2 [~130 KB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fire & Ice #2 [~130 KB]
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 18 Feb 2006 03:20:40
Message: <43f6d8d8@news.povray.org>
news:43f63a10$1@news.povray.org...

> You can get a similar effect using a powerful light source (e.g., a
> multi-billion-ton nuclear fision reactor like the Sun) through your own
> eyelids.

The sun is a fusion reactor, not fission

> Bringing this back on-topic... I presume this is the "subsurface
> scattering" everybody keeps babbling about?

Yup. You can also fake it pretty well with media. Is what I do with candles
any time I use them. Give the candle a slightly transparent texture then
fill it with scattering media. Is not that slow (scattering {1 rgb 1})

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'SmallCandles.jpg' (6 KB)

Preview of image 'SmallCandles.jpg'