POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Ice&Fire: my entry so far : Re: IRTC Ice&Fire: my entry so far Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Ice&Fire: my entry so far
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Feb 2006 03:09:27
Message: <43f6d637$1@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> schreef in bericht
> Hi!
>
> Here is an intermediate version of my entry for the current topic. I
already
> posted a previous version here.
>
> My intention is to put several little flames on the cristal. I wonder
> whether it could rather be blueinh. I'd like to put something in the sky.
> don't yet what it could be (i'll try to avoid a cloud ...). Or maybe it
will
> be sufficient without.
>
> Any opinion welcome.
>
>    Bruno

You control well media and photons it seems! However, in contrast, I am
missing a few essential things (imho) that would improve the scene. One is
the suggestion of atmosphere, especially towards the horizon, and its
interaction with the sky, especially to the left of the image. There, sky
and landscape seem to be two separate entities that have come together by
chance, while they should, somehow, "blend" into each other more
harmoniously.

The other would be, perhaps, a tiny little bit more detail to the foreground
landscape texture, to make it more interesting.

Otherwise, I like your scene.

Thomas