POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fire & Ice #2 [~130 KB] : Re: Fire & Ice #2 [~130 KB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fire & Ice #2 [~130 KB]
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 16 Feb 2006 23:27:25
Message: <43f550ad@news.povray.org>
news:43f4ec9b$1@news.povray.org...
> > Is the background the wood texture?
>
> You *know* your texturing is great when people can't even figure out
> what it is... :-S

It's far too big right now, looks like I'm examining a tree trunk under
microscope

> I'm currently trying out the snow textures you gave me. They seem to
> work much better than what I had. (Would be nice if I could figure out
> how to add "sparkle" to it, but other than that...)

A subtle normal and high specular with low roughness. That said, I've never
got it working.
Ask s.day. He gotr nice sparkle in his Sunscape picture (4 below this one)

> The reason for the marble is that... well... marble is cold, isn't it?
> Not that this comes across very much in my image. :-(

Not when it's got dark red in it. If you want to keep the marble, try a nice
white and light blue