POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fire & Ice #2 [~130 KB] : Re: Fire & Ice #2 [~130 KB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fire & Ice #2 [~130 KB]
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 16 Feb 2006 16:16:13
Message: <43f4eb9d@news.povray.org>
> Orc,
> The extra light helps hugely!

It does, doesn't it? :-)

> The candle will look more like a candle if you remove your placeholder "lamp
> post" and put in a flame together with a melted down pool of wax. This will
> also allow you to move the light source lower to light up the candle from
> inside some more.

Melted wax would be good... but rather difficult. (It took me ages to
get a cylinder with a "rounded" top. Not sure how to put a dent in it
that I can fill with wax. I suppose I could jsut CGS *cut* a hollow out,
but it wouldn't look very realistic...)

> Wicks are white - until they have been charred in the flame zone.

Thankyou for pointing that out... you're right of course.