POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fire & Ice #2 [~130 KB] : Re: Fire & Ice #2 [~130 KB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fire & Ice #2 [~130 KB]
From: Vincent LE CHEVALIER
Date: 15 Feb 2006 17:43:33
Message: <43f3ae95$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v2 wrote:
> As suggested by a few, I have added a second blue lightsource. Nothing
> else has changed - so far. As you can see, it does look quite a bit
> better. (Unfortunately, it's still unspeakably suckful... but never mind.)

What I feel now is that the candle is much too powerful for the effect I
guess you want to achieve...
If you want to restrict the light from the flame to the center of the
scene, you could use light fading. Maybe with more red for the light on
the flame as well, so as to gain contrast between your ice and the fire.

Keep working on that one, I think it has a great potential...

--
Vincent