POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunscape WIP updated : Re: Sunscape WIP updated Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunscape WIP updated
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 14 Feb 2006 10:46:59
Message: <43f1fb73$1@news.povray.org>
Looks great, keep it up! :-)

Something about the snow on the trees bothers me a little: single spheres of
snow at branch-tips and such... Additionally, you'll often find snow being
stacked more to one side of the tree than the other, very seldom does snow
just fall straight down from the sky, there's often some wind involved.
A hint for the background trees (though I don't know if you're already doing
it, but I'll say it nontheless): for the background it should suffice to use
a patterned slope-map as a texture to simulate a snow-like surface. It's
what I did in this image:
http://www.nolights.de/projects/missyou/missyou.html

I'd also add some more irregularity to the fence. In the above mentioned
image I've written a small script to create slightly bent logs, and I vary
the bending and sizes to get a more natural look...

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"