POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunscape WIP updated : Re: Sunscape WIP updated Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunscape WIP updated
From: DLM
Date: 14 Feb 2006 09:10:08
Message: <43f1e4c0@news.povray.org>
> The only criticism I can give is the trees in the background are still a
> bit regular in their spacing (Possibly add a bit of jitter to the macro
> thats placing the tress?)

An engaging image well executed!
I think the issue of the trees is about perceptions.
The trees are regular in height - not just placement.
As it stands it looks like a plantation with no boundaries - perhaps it was
planted that way?
To look more natural/unkempt it needs smaller trees/vegetation at the forest
margin and variation in height/size/type.
To look more managed it needs perhaps a fence/ utility line or similar
bounding human intrusion.
Thoughts?...

DLM