POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Knot world : Re: Knot world Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knot world
From: Jim Charter
Date: 13 Feb 2006 12:30:22
Message: <43f0c22e$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> Right, this is a first approximation as to where I'm taking all these
> wretched knots.

Very imaginative.  Suggests grandeur, and pleasing novelty, like we are
visiting a pleasurably fascinating world.  The multiple knots immersed
in atmosphere transforms the whole concept. It takes it completely out
of the sphere of the intellectual and of metaphor, and into the sphere
of fantasy and imagination. Much of the beauty comes from the sense of
immersion in atmosphere, but that also is the beginning of nagging
questions.  What would be the effect of that atmosphere?  How could one
really inhabit such a world?