POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bush camp #1 (WIP) : Re: bush camp #1 (WIP) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bush camp #1 (WIP)
From: POVMAN
Date: 13 Feb 2006 08:16:06
Message: <43f08696@news.povray.org>
Very Nice, better than I've ever managed.

Thoughts (Picky Points).

the shadow on the building seems to be coming from a couple of individual
leaves as opposed to whole trees, might be worth moving the light source
further away.

the broken board on the front of the building is a really cool touch.  I'd
suggest adding the same type of character to the hand-rail, perhaps a bit of
sagging.

I think the posts supporting the walkway are a little too clean, you need to
add some grubbyness.

The plants at the waters edge are well placed but they seem a little
uniform.  Might be worth adding some reeds or tall grasses in amoungst them
to break up the sameness.

the leaves on the trees above the flat roof look a little artificially
coloured, is there an ambient setting there that needs to be zeroed out?

the bases of the trees on the right look cut-off.

Excellent water! Love the idea of seeing throught the building!

I'd like to see a bigger version.

--
POV Tips and Hints at ...