POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Knot world : Re: Knot world Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knot world
From: Ger
Date: 13 Feb 2006 06:34:57
Message: <43f06ee1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:

> Right, this is a first approximation as to where I'm taking all these
> wretched knots. I've had a play and I'm fairly satisfied with the camera,
> object placement etc, but I still need to do some work with the knots
> themselves - the double helix staircases are out; there'll be more
> irregular, imperfect constructions instead (including staircases!). This
> post is just to see what everyone thinks about the tone of the image...
>
> I'll probably only have 3 or 4 knots in the image in total - I was
> originally thinking in terms of fleets of them, but this will probably
> make my computer explode. Besides, the image looks nice and lonely with
> only a few of them.
>
> Comments? Suggestions? :)
>
> Bill

Making fleets of knots shouldn't be all that much of a problem because the
further away they are the less details they need. The one up close is fully
detailed, the one in the distance is/could be only an outline.

I like the general atmosphere of the picture a lot, maybe make the
background a tad darker.

--
Ger