POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Entry : Re: IRTC Entry Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Entry
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Feb 2006 09:14:19
Message: <43edf13b@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> schreef in bericht

> I agree with the strangeness of this atmospherical effect. Before the
> current topic was known, I was experimenting atmosphere media for
planetary
> scenes. And once, I got this effect with highly directive scattering media
> and found it interresting. The color is made by itself, no color_map...
> With some other setting, it could be like an atomic explosion far away.
>
> And when the topic "ICE & Fire" got to be known, I decided to re-use it.
We
> are on a strange planet, and the strange star produces strange effects. My
> work on it now is to put 2 or 3 additional objects strangely affected by
> the rise of the star: the tree becomes 'ardent' with an aura, I will
> probably put an ice-cristal  which comes to flames, and I'd like to put
> something in the 'atmosphere'.

Hmm... yes, I like that. I don't know why this makes me think of a
(probably?) nearly forgotten book: The House on the Borderland by William
Hope Hodgson. See for instance: http://eserver.org/fiction/borderland/
It does not relate to your scene really, but it describes some strange
atmospheres in relation with a strange sun. It is rather a scarry book in
fact.

Thomas