POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another ruddy knot : Re: Yet another ruddy knot Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another ruddy knot
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 10 Feb 2006 14:02:57
Message: <43ece361$1@news.povray.org>
> The parse times are probably jumping because the memory runs out (128MB),
> but the overall memory usage is a bit of a mystery. I shall experiment
> further.

Hm, those memory values are certainly strange. Just to make sure: You're
using the mesh-copie mechanism (i.e. declaring and referencing objects)?

	#declare MyBigMesh = mesh { ... }
	object { MyBigMesh transform somewhere }
	object { MyBigMesh rotate a_bit }

What about textures/transforms/etc? Are they declared and referenced
also? Embedding them in the mesh should do the job, too, although I'm
not sure if embedding them in the union does.

HTH,
Florian