POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fire and... wait, what the hell...? [100 KB] : Re: Fire and... wait, what the hell...? [100 KB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fire and... wait, what the hell...? [100 KB]
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 9 Feb 2006 16:33:35
Message: <43ebb52f$1@news.povray.org>
> I suggest a change in lighting: a subtle pale blue light from above,
> preferably an area light or even totally shadowless so it doesn't look too
> obvious. This will shift the image away from the monochromatic and, assuming
> your ice is white and everything else is orange, should really help make it
> look like ice and make it stand out from the background.

I tried making the candle flame cyan instead of yellow.

It made the wood look green! :-S

The ice did look slightly more icy though. But only slightly. I think
maybe the ice is just too damn transparent? Or maybe I should put some
scattering media in it or something? (I mean heck, it's only 4 hours a
render at the moment; why not make it 4,000 hours??)

The candle is *supposed* to be composed of snow. But nobody would ever
realise that. It just looks... well, like granite, actually. Or maybe
brass, with all that orange light on it. (Candle flame is orange, wood
is orange, radiosity.....)

I haven't even started on the flame yet. As I see it, I need to fix the
abysmal wood and marble textures, make the ice look more like ice, and
somehow make my snow look like snow.

So, basically, change the entire image, actually... >_<