POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RSOCP : Re: RSOCP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:13:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RSOCP
From: Verm
Date: 9 Feb 2006 09:14:37
Message: <43eb4e4d$1@news.povray.org>
Bruno Cabasson wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I am hanging around the newsgroups since a while. It is time for me to make
> my  RSCOP contribution. Here is an attempt. It could be named "H + 1
> microsecond".

Pretty. What are the spikes ? media or translucent cylinders?

Two points....
File size - if you'd jpeg compressed the image it could have been 30KB
not 700+KB and you'd not have lost any noticable image quality. Some
people feel quite strongly about this especially if they're not on
broadband. My connections are 1Mb/sec at home and *far* faster at work
so I'm not ppersonally bothered by download speed but the newsgroup
server only has limited space.

Secondly my newsreader (Thunderbird) has a bug where it confuses threads
with the same name so I'd appreciate it if people came up with more
descriptive (and hopefully unique) titles than "RSOCP" or "IRTC WIP". I
know it's a bug in my newsgroup client but its probably generally a nice
idea to give more descriptive names regardless.

Anyway welcome to the group, and don't let the above two comments put
you off (just try to keep file sizes down a tad.)

Happy POVing

Verm