POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a week early : Re: a week early Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a week early
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 7 Feb 2006 15:02:30
Message: <43e8fcd6$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm making this for a card O:-) It will give me lots of POV "credits" for
> the coming 12 months...

LMAO!

Nice...

> Anyway, I modelled the rose petal in ProEngineer and exported it as a mesh,
> then used POV to make multiple random copies.  There are two intersecting
> but that will simply be a case of tweaking the random seed in the final.

I find something amusing about using "ProEngineer" to create an
artificial faximily of a natural object. Don't ask me why...

> The vase is simple CSG of spheres and a torus for the top ring.  The stalk
> is a sphere sweep with cones for the thistles.

They're called thorns honey. ;-)

> I think the red of the petals needs to be brighter?

Erm... perhaps. Depends on the effect you want. Personally, I quite like
the colour they are now - a very deep, strong, dramatic red. Gives it
character. (But then, maybe I just like dark colours? My favourit colour
is dark green. Emerald, if you will.)

Anyway, a nice image. (Nicer than anything I ever made anyway...)