POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a week early : a week early Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  a week early
From: scott
Date: 7 Feb 2006 13:10:17
Message: <43e8e289@news.povray.org>
I'm making this for a card O:-) It will give me lots of POV "credits" for
the coming 12 months...

Anyway, I modelled the rose petal in ProEngineer and exported it as a mesh,
then used POV to make multiple random copies.  There are two intersecting
but that will simply be a case of tweaking the random seed in the final.

The vase is simple CSG of spheres and a torus for the top ring.  The stalk
is a sphere sweep with cones for the thistles.

The background is the HDR demo scene that comes with MegaPOV.

Just one point light source and photons.

I think the red of the petals needs to be brighter?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rose1.jpg' (24 KB)

Preview of image 'rose1.jpg'