POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP4 : Re: volcano WIP4 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP4
From: Tek
Date: 7 Feb 2006 12:54:56
Message: <43e8def0$1@news.povray.org>
Well I tried some fog and it destroyed the contrast in the upper part of the
image, the effect is still there but it's turned down so low it's hardly
visible. I agree though, I need more atmospheric effects between the camera
and the volcano, I'm hoping that when I add steam from all the
lava-snow-water interactions it will look right.

BTW thanks for the snow-lava reference, I had failed to find any. I assumed
that snow couldn't get that close to lava so I was going to completely
remove snow in the surrounding area, but now I think I might keep it fairly
close but with lots of melting/steaming effects... Or I'll hide it all
behind a plume of steam where it pours into the sea...

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com