POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] : Re: EUREKA! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: EUREKA!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Feb 2006 10:12:25
Message: <43e76759$1@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht

> It's interesting that there's a whole range of scene planning / modelling
> skills that have no impact at all on the final image but can make the
> rendering time feasible as opposed to prohibitive. It's always worth
trying
> for speed. That's why I'm building my knots out of meshes - I tried it as
> sphere_sweep originally and it took hours - at the moment 35,000 meshes
> only take 35 minutes (that's with area lights and at 1024x768).
>
> That said, patience is a virtue when the chips are down. Like Stefan, I
> often leave renders running for 100s of hours, usually on my office PC
> overnight or at weekends.
>
> Keep up your productive patience!
> Bill

Thanks Bill. Yes, I agree with you.In the present case, I have lost again
quite a lot of render speed by using a more complex plant (mesh2 of course).
And now I have included also a media mist at the base of the (moved
elsewhere) waterfall.

Patience I have (in Yoda speak)... I think the end result will be very
interesting.

Thomas