POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] : EUREKA! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  EUREKA!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Feb 2006 03:03:39
Message: <43e5b15b@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> schreef in
bericht news:43e34ca6$1@news.povray.org...

> And 36 hours, sheesh, at was resolution are you rendering? :-) Is it just
> because of the isosurface, or is there lot of media in there? If it's
> isosurface...

I found the culprit! It is the texture used for the landscape. I embedded a
slope texture inside another slope texture. Now, this works fine, but is
very slow, and not really essential in this scene. I corrected it and lo!
Much faster!

Thomas