POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] : Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Feb 2006 03:41:59
Message: <43e468d7@news.povray.org>
"Stefan Viljoen polard.com>" <spamnot@<removethis> schreef in bericht
news:43e4552f@news.povray.org...
> Orchid XP v2 spake:
> >
> > How on earth do you "tweak" an image that takes 36 *hours* to render?
o__O

> > Sheesh... you have way more patients than me!
> >
> > (Not, of course, that I consider this a BAD thing... You seem to have
> > produced a pretty cool image as a result.)
>
> Hey! I've got a trace of something I didn't design (I just modified it)
> which has been running about 600+ hours so far...

I would like to "tweak" it to a more rapid render indeed!!! You have to find
a balance: less objects and faster render but less interesting image, or
more objects and slower render but more interesting image.

I am not sure about this, but I assume that it is the calculation of the
lightfall and shadows of the object elements that takes all the time?

Thomas