POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] : Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Feb 2006 03:23:01
Message: <43e46465@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>

> > The yellow lit area comes from the background height_field. It is in
fact
> > one of the used texture colors. Was not deliberate and is, IMO, too
visible.

> I love that part!

Well... I am not sure. However, it may be considered the equivalent of  "le
petit pan de mur jaune" (the little piece of yellow wall) that Marcel Proust
writes about when describing the View of Delft by Vermeer.
Yes. Now that I think about it, I shall leave it as a statement!

Thanks Jim, for starting up my brains again!

Thomas