POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP4 : Re: volcano WIP4 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP4
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 3 Feb 2006 15:01:56
Message: <43e3b6b4$1@news.povray.org>
>    I'm having a job to see where it's flowing uphill?

Look at the central lava river coming down... It seems to dissapear into
some kind of "dip" in the surface, yet continues flowing over the rip of
that dip (hence "uphill").

Of course, liquid rock is hot. And liquid. But it's still heavy. I
imagine lava has quite a lot of momentum if it's moving fast... it's
just a question of how much momentum exactly.