POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP4 : Re: volcano WIP4 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP4
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 3 Feb 2006 14:58:58
Message: <43e3b602$1@news.povray.org>
I'm liking it. The sky *is* too bright. And that smoke cloud should have
big black parts to it. Would also be cool (haha!) if the flying boulders
would illuminate the smoke cloud - but I have no idea how in hell you do
that without having to wait several epocs for POV-Ray to draw it! :-/

IME, the laval should be brighter. Sometimes laval flows develop of sort
of dark bit along the middle and the edges. The bits round the edges
stay stationary, and the bits on top move with the flow. This is why
they don't join; the flow rips them apart.

Of course, all of that depends on how hot the lava is, how viscous it
is, how fast it's moving, etc etc etc, so...

I'm liking what's happening under water. Perhaps the water should be
slightly more murky, I'm not sure. (I really like the sea floor, so it
would be a shame to completely obscure it!) The glowing lava should
perhaps slightly illuminate the sea floor - but that would surely demand
radiosity... (Hope you have a nice render farm!)

Distribution of flying rock is perhaps a touch too uniform. (All the
arcs seem to lead back to a single point. Maybe make the launch
direction slightly random...)

No further comments, really. Looking good!