POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP4 : Re: volcano WIP4 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP4
From: St
Date: 3 Feb 2006 14:03:10
Message: <43e3a8ee@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
>I now have some proper smoke and underwater lava!
>
> The only things I can see that need more work now are:
> -steam: many people suggested various points for steam to be appearing,
> and I totally agree.
> -colours: it's all gone a bit grey in this version, I want to get some
> black in the smoke and volcanic rocks.
> -more colours!: that water just looks wrong IMO, should be very cloudy,
> darker, less green, and with steam bubbling round the lava.
> -background: those conical mountains will change into realistic ones
> eventually I promise, and the sky colour's maybe too bright
>
> But I'm sure you folks can think of other things to improve!
>
> Your comments thus far have helped immensely! So keep them coming :)

      Well, to me Tek, it seems like it's a 'small' volcano. I don't know
whether I'm right or wrong with this, and I wouldn't know how to rectify it
in this scene, but I thought volcanoes were usually *big*? I don't see a
sense of scale here.

    Otherwise, really good improvements imo. Should make for a *very* good
final image.

    Me? I haven't even started yet...  :/

       ~Steve~