POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] : Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 3 Feb 2006 13:30:15
Message: <43e3a137$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> A new version of the Alien Cliff.
> Added have been: cloud, waterfall, "birds".
> This time, a larger version. Slow rendering (about 36 hours in total)
> especially for the lower half of the image.
>
> I am curious about any comments of course!
>
> Thomas

Yes, I think you are taking it in the right direction.  I think adding
more elements improves this picture.  Moving the balloon closer adds a
lot.  Allows us to mentally "enter" the scene.  The waterfall is a great
element but needs work yet I feel.  I question its placement.  Too close
to the center of the composition and it cuts the cliff edge right next
to where the moon cuts the cliff edge.  And I question its realness.  It
really needs to suggest falling water in order to emphasize the sense of
height of the cliff. I think there needs to be a sense of the water
breaking up and vapourizing as it falls.  Where ever you put it, it is
going to be an attention getting element in the scene and as such will
need to be spot on.  I think the hazy clouds might be too much.  Maybe
make them more of a hint?