POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP4 : Re: volcano WIP4 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP4
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 3 Feb 2006 13:01:22
Message: <43e39a72$1@news.povray.org>
This is coming along quite nicely!  Other than things that other people
have mentioned, there are a couple of things that strike me.  First I
would guess that there's be some snow melt bordering the lava flow.
Currently it seems like the lava borders the snow directly and I think
this is what makes the lava flow look "pasted on" to me.  I looked for
an image to confirm this, but this was the best I found, and it's not a
particularly clear picture of it:

http://www.spring.net/marci/Public/Hawaii/LavaOnSnow.jpg

It's also possible that the scene could benefit from some haze.  Other
than the smoke plume itself, the air is very clear.  Part of this I
imagine is because it gives a really nice contrast in the upper part of
the image, but perhaps some small amount of haze could still help
without destroying this effect.