POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] : Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:13:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Feb 2006 08:50:52
Message: <43e35fbc$1@news.povray.org>
"POVMAN" <s### [at] acom> schreef in bericht news:43e35434$1@news.povray.org...
> Great Image, I'm soooooooo jealous.

Thanks!!! No need to be jealous :-) it's just tedious, hard work ;-)

> Some thoughts from "Mr Rent-An-Opinion"
>
> The "particles" of the waterfall seem too big near the bottom.  I think
the
> water need to be more spray-like or more solid.  The water looks like it
has
> broken up into "lumps".
>
> The Waterfall could do with a mist around its lower half.

The waterfall is still an issue. Much better than when I started
implementing, but still... Need much more work. Possibly, spray.inc which I
used for it will not do in the end.

> The "lens flare" is a little overpowering.

I wonder what I am going to do with it... I am not really satisfied myself.

> The cloud above the lens flare seems to have small ridges, see the
attached
> image.
>
> I see that Tim thinks you might add some more colour depth.  I think the
> opposite.  The colour level is perfect, to my eyes.

Yes, this is a matter of taste. Personally, I am fairly content with the
present colour depth. But I might experiment some more...

Thomas