POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] : Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:12:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Feb 2006 08:43:14
Message: <43e35df2@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Can everyone stop posting such good images? I'm having real trouble
> paraphrasing my superlatives! ;)

LOL! Thanks Bill! I like this scene, but still.... I am not entirely
satisfied...

> This is excellent, truly amazing. Landscape gardening of the highest
order!
> I especially like the maze pattern on the balloon, and moving it closer to
> the camera means the scale is more apparent.

yes, suddenly in a bright moment, I thought that the balloon needed to be
closer to the camera

> Two small comments. I think the waterfall needs some spray - it looks too
> much like the particle system that it presumably is. Secondly, that bright
> yellow lit area to the right, beyond the cliff end - is that deliberate?
It
> looks fine, I was just curious...

Yes. You can imagine the time I have already spent on the waterfall (based
on spray.inc by Chris Colefax by the way). I tried different settings, but
it needs more work
The yellow lit area comes from the background height_field. It is in fact
one of the used texture colors. Was not deliberate and is, IMO, too visible.

> Bring on the final!
I will!

Thomas