POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] : Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB]
From: Merrin Cullen
Date: 3 Feb 2006 07:54:57
Message: <43e352a1$1@news.povray.org>
I have to agree with Bill...I take a break for a month or so and come back
to some very exciting images.Considering that I seem to be wed to one
continuous project, I value the variety of work coming from most members of
this community. Quality is steadily improving and it is exciting to see new
users.

I am reminded of reading The Dragon Riders of Pern when I was younger. I
very much like the layers in this image and the way the color of the cliff
face is picked up by the plants on the plane in the foreground.

Excellent work Thomas!

Tim

"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Can everyone stop posting such good images? I'm having real trouble
> paraphrasing my superlatives! ;)
>
> This is excellent, truly amazing. Landscape gardening of the highest
order!
> I especially like the maze pattern on the balloon, and moving it closer to
> the camera means the scale is more apparent.
>
> Two small comments. I think the waterfall needs some spray - it looks too
> much like the particle system that it presumably is. Secondly, that bright
> yellow lit area to the right, beyond the cliff end - is that deliberate?
It