POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hug (Birthday Card) : Re: Hug (Birthday Card) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hug (Birthday Card)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 2 Feb 2006 07:03:28
Message: <43e1f510$1@news.povray.org>
> > I agree with Stefan in a way, I think it is overtly sexual. Although
> > you have de-gendered the models that makes the imagination work
> > harder.
> Mmmmm maybe, but but sports figures are doing that sort of thing all the
> time too arn't they?

Well, like I said in a different post, I was thinking along the lines of:
she sees her friend - rushes towards him in cheerful expectation - and is
being lifted by his hug. So where does she place her legs? One is to his
side, the other is hidden from view, but just pointing backward.

And in my oppinion, her reaching arms don't make it look very sexual, and
from a strict biological viewpoint, these two peeps are too far away from
each other.

And even if it is slightly sexual, I don't think it harms in this case. We
both share the oppinion that often, very simple acts like a hug *can* be
(and are) sexual in the right context, but they don't *have* to be if not
meant in that way. In this case, it's her birthday, she should be
celebrating it and having fun. And getting hugged, of course. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"